Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kegs, Kegs, Kegs



Ah, kegs.
Acres and acres of kegs. A lovely sight to see.
The problem is, someone's gotta clean all those kegs, strip the former "brand" off them (much like cowboys marking their cattle, brewers have their own brand to visually differentiate their kegs so they don't wander off to some other cowboy's pasture...) and re-brand them in BrewFarm colors. Gonna be a couple days of hard work. And I couldn't be happier. It sets the mind loose thinking of all the different beers waiting to go into those kegs.
I believe these kegs carry good beer "ju-ju" as they were last in the stable of Sierra Nevada, one of my long-time favorite brewers. People often ask, "what's your favorite beer?" and the usual response is, "the one in front of me in my right hand...". But when push comes to shove, my desert island beer (that one-and-only beer you could have to drink all the time when stranded on said island) has always been Sierra's Celebration Ale.
I love it for what it represents: balance. Strong, crisp hop character. Full malt flavors. Light sweetness that finishes dry. I never get tired of that beer and am sad to see its season fade into the next.
So, does anyone wanna wash some kegs?!?

1 comment:

al said...

I'd Tap that...